Floating for pain relief
Floatation combats the UK’s most common health complaint – stress.
The Celestial Pool is a unique environment, offering freedom from the pressures of life. As you float, the body lowers its cortisol levels – otherwise known as ‘the stress hormone’.
Here are just some of the conditions which have been successfully treated with floatation:
- arthritis pain
- heart rate and blood pressure
- chronic pain, e.g. fibromyalgia
- headaches and migraines
- depression and anxiety
- skin conditions, e.g. eczema and acne
- post-operative pain
- sleep issues
An amazing 50 tonnes of genuine Dead Sea salts, including 21 essential minerals, are dissolved in water from our own underground source, heated to a comfortable 35℃.
The minerals have a calming effect on sensory nerve endings. This makes it an ideal treatment for any condition aggravated by stress, such as eczema and tension headaches.
- Magnesiumis a calming, soothing, anti-stress mineral. It works to physically relax the body and alleviate pain.
- Bromide works on the nervous system, calming and relaxing the nerves. If our body is calm on the inside then we appear calmer on the outside.
- Sodium draws water into the body’s cells, hydrating the skin, improving skin tone and elasticity. It can also help reduce cellulite!
Users describe a deep calmness and a relaxed, happy feeling after floatation.
Your body is suspended and you feel weightless. Since there is little for your brain to do, every muscle can fully relax, and you’ll feel almost like you’re dreaming. In this state, the brain releases vast amounts of endorphins, a ‘feel good’ chemical.
This state of relaxation may be deep and profound, and to be specific, the brain gradually shifts from its usual alpha state to generate a theta state.
The theta state is typically associated with advanced meditation and provides an immense clarity of thought. Floatation is a way of making this state easily accessible to anyone.
Regular floaters experience reduced arthritic and muscular pain while in the water and many sleep more soundly at night. So, if you haven’t tried floatation yet or you’ve been a little sceptical about the whole idea, it’s time to think again.
Why not give it a go?
Celestial Floatation from £10.00