Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
With a creamy homemade avocado dip
Congratulations! We’ve made it to our next destination, Fiji.
The basic elements of Fijian food consist of sweet potatoes, coconut and fish.
Our Chef has put together a recipe which combines coconut oil with sweet potatoes to produce a moreish crispy treat: sweet potato fries.
Delicious as a side dish, or as a snack served with a simple homemade avocado dip.
2 large sweet potatoes
1-2 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
2 tsp curry powder (or cinnamon, for sweet fries)
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a baking sheet.
- Cut the potatoes into fry shapes (you can make them thick or thin), then soak them in water for around 45 minutes. This is the important step to make them crispy!
- Drain, and pat dry. Toss the fries with the oil in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and spices.
- Spread the fries on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through.
For a healthy and quick dipping sauce, place 1 avocado, the juice of 2 limes and 1 garlic clove into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.