This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Nirvana Spa has tried to include as much accurate detail to describe our facilities as possible in our Access Statement but would welcome your feedback in order to continually improve on the information we give.
We welcome all guests at our facilities, including guests with an impairment which could include mobility, sight, hearing and learning disabilities.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using a number of journey planning websites.
- The nearest train station (Winnersh) is 1 mile from the Spa
- Local Taxis are available with wheelchair access. Please see contact information below
0118 9321 321 – Loddon Cars (pre booking required)
0118 9799 247 – 24/7 (pre booking required)
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The car park has 8 widened spaces (3.2metres wide with access to rear) designated for accessible parking located immediately by Members’ Reception. We also have 4 accessible parking spaces located immediately by the Day Spa entrance.
- The car park and outside access surfaces are all tarmac
- Assistance can be offered on request
Service Dogs are Welcome
- Water bowls can be provided for service dogs on request
East Members Entrance & Reception Opening Hours
Members’ Reception has level ground approach directly from car park and automatic door entry system.
6.45am – 10.30pm Monday – Thursday
6.45am – 11.00pm Fridays
8.00am – 11.00pm Saturday and Sundays
Please note all indoor facilities close 15 minutes prior to the closing times above and outdoor facilities close 30 minutes prior to the closing times above.
Reception desk – The Members’ Reception desk has a lower-level counter at the far end set at 90cm.
There is seating available for visitors in the Members’ Reception lounge area. The seating is 45cm high and the coffee tables are 56cm high and soft seating at 42cm high.
West Day Spa Entrance & Reception Opening Hours
Day Spa reception has a sloping ramped entrance from the carpark and an automatic door entry system.
8.00am – 10.30pm Monday – Thursday
8.00am – 11.00pm Fridays – Sundays
There is seating available for visitors in the Day Spa Reception lounge area. The seating is 44cm high, with a depth 52cm depth and the coffee tables are 44cm high.
Lighting throughout the spa is a combination of natural light, compact fluorescent, L.E.D., low voltage spotlights and discharge lighting.
Please note that the swimming and spa pools are level deck pools unless stated, at either 1.2 or 1.3 metres in depth, excluding the Nirvana Pool which has a 2.0 metre deep section in the lower one third of the pool.
Fitness Swimming – Swim Jets operate between 27 – 29.5 degrees Celsius; access is by 5 steps (ladder design) with a handrail on either side.
Roman Pool –operates between 28 – 30 degrees Celsius; access is by 6 steps with a handrail on either side.
Nirvana Pool –operates between 28 – 30 degrees Celsius; access is by 5 steps with a central handrail.
Spa Garden Pool (outdoor) –operates between 28 – 33 degrees Celsius; access is by 4 steps with a central handrail.
Spa Garden Outdoor mini spas operate between 34 to 39 degrees Celsius; access is by 2 steps with a handrail either side.
Nirvana Garden Outdoor mini spas operate between 34 to 39 degrees Celsius; Wall is 75cm ground to top. Access via step 18 cm high, to sit on wall 75cm high, swing legs over 40cm depth of wall. Step into 28cm then sit down in pool.
Balneotherapy Pool –operates between 34 – 36 degrees Celsius; access is by 6 steps with a central handrail and both sides of the steps. There is a rounded metal chair running under the water, around the perimeter of the pool.
Hydrotherapy Spa (Surf Pool) & Jacuzzi
The temperature of these pools is between 34 – 39 degrees Celsius and is therefore not suitable for certain medical conditions. If you have any concerns, please check with your medical advisor or contact the Spa prior to your visit.
- Surf Pool – Access is by 6 steps with a central handrail. This pool has powerful hydrotherapy jets situated throughout the pool which can create relatively powerful currents so caution may be required when approaching the jets. The Surf Pool is 1.3 metres deep. At either side of the entrance steps and surrounding the central island there are seating ledges for those using the back massage jets. Please see the Spa therapy team in the adjoining office if you require any assistance or advice prior to using this facility.
- Plunge Pools – Within the Surf Pool area there is one cold water plunge pool at 12-17 degrees Celsius and another plunge pool at 20-25 degrees Celsius. Access is by 3 steps (ladder design)
- Jacuzzi – Access to the Jacuzzi is by 3 steps, 1 up and then two down, with a hand rail at either side
Celestial Floatation Pool
The pool operates at 34-36 degrees Celsius; access to the Celestial Pool via 2 steps with a central handrail. This pool is 1.2meters in depth.
4 pool pods located in the corners of the room. Pods are 285cm wide with internal width 240cm. Wall is 500cm ground to top. Access is to sit on wall, swing legs over. Step into then lay down in pod.
Please note use of the Celestial pool & pods is by booking only and all first-time users will require an induction.
Dead Sea Salt Therapy Pool- DSST Pool.
This pool operates at 34-36 degrees Celsius; Access to pool via two steps onto a ramp, approx. 8 meters long. Exit of pool is via 6 steps at back left corner of room.
Access door is 90cm wide. Pool is 15x10meters in size. 1.8 meters deep. Hooks and pool pod located on left side of room. Showers also located on back left of room. Narrowest distance from wall to front left corner of pool – 1m. Walk straight into showers. One way system back to towel hooks. Poolpod has a self-propelled wheelchair that can be lowered into the water. Velcro straps are released when in the water. First time users require an induction please for access into the DSST pool. All bathers are to shower after use due to the high salt content of the water, thank you.
Poolpod Wheelchair is Width of wheelchair – 77cm. Seat is 48cm wide. Chair has a thigh and chest strap with Velcro on. Poolpod is operated by staff.
Steam Room & Sauna Facilities
Certain medical contra indications apply due to the heat in both the sauna and steam facilities. If you have any concerns, please check with your medical advisor or contact the Spa prior to your visit.
- Sauna – There are both single sex sauna facilities (located in both the male and female changing rooms closest to the Members’ Reception) and mixed sex sauna facilities located in the Thermal Suite. The access doors are 93cm wide. The fixed seating is set on two levels 50cm and 95cm from floor level
- Steam Facilities – There are two mixed sex steam rooms. One is located off the wet link corridor between the Spa Restaurant and Nirvana Pool and the other in the Thermal Suite. Single sex steam rooms are situated next to the saunas in the male and female changing rooms closest to the Members’ Entrance. All the rooms are entered through doors which are 80cm wide. The seating platform is 50cm high.
- Roman Room – There are over 100 reclining loungers and steamer chairs, both provide support for the whole body when reclined. The steamers chairs are 39cm high and the loungers 35cm high. Access is one level throughout, with the entrance doors a minimum of 80cm wide
- Nirvana Pool Room – Access to this area is by 2 steps with a central handrail or ramp. There is a double access door of 2.55 metres wide. Within this room there are over 50 reclining loungers 39cm high and steamer chairs 35cm high both providing support for the whole body when reclined
- The Nirvana Room Tepidarium – Access door of 80cm wide, there are 33 non-adjustable ceramic loungers heated to 35 degrees Celsius, each lounger is 46cm high at the lowest point
- The Colosseum – Is a round pool with a central statue and chair running around the plinth. There is a central rail and one on either side of the steps. Depth is 1.3meters.
- The Wellness Suite has level access and is accessed by double doors (each door is 80cm wide)
- The Wellness Suite has a variety of equipment from running machines to resistance machines and free weights and a studio area for holistic classes. Please ask one of our qualified Wellness Team for assistance
- The outdoor spa pools and swimming pool were designed to be available for use from April to September and as such do not cope well during the winter months. We strive to keep these facilities open by popular demand but this does mean that on chillier days they might not be up to temperature. On very cold days we are unfortunately obliged to shut the Spa Garden.
- We have sun loungers situated on our patio, accessible from the Roman Room (access door 76cm wide) and there are two steps onto the patio. There is also ramp access from the wet corridor opposite the ladies changing rooms just off the Members’ Lounge.
- Nirvana garden is accessible from the Nirvana Room (access door 72cm wide) and there is a step over, 22cm, down onto the patio.
- The Crystal Treatment Suite has level ground floor access
- All treatment rooms can accommodate wheelchairs
- Treatments are tailored to individual needs – for advice about our treatments and products please speak to the Treatment Team
Changing Facilities / Washrooms
- The changing rooms are on the ground floor and are on one level throughout
- There are a few individual changing cubicles, ranging in size. The entrance doors range from 60cm – 71cm in width
- There are high and low lockers for use, with hooks / hanger provided
- Showers vary in size, the minimum width 52cm ranging up to 72cm wide
- All floors are slip resistant
- There are toilets in each of the ladies and gents changing rooms. In addition, there is an accessible toilet facility situated by the Nirvana Cafe and an accessible changing / toilet facility is situated by the Swim Jets near the Members’ Reception
Accessible Changing Rooms / Washrooms
The East, Members accessible changing room / washroom is unisex and situated off the wet link corridor from the Spa Restaurant to Swim Jets, this has level access from the Members’ Reception and has a 90cm access door. This facility includes a toilet with seat height of 47cm with double height handrails 55cm & 75cm on either side (the right side is removable). The shower room has a fold-up seat at 50cm and handles to assist at 67cm and 1 metre with the shower controls situated at 1metre high. An additional foldaway seat is situated opposite the toilet at 50cm with a shelf at 1 metre high on the right-hand side, hooks at 1.4 metres and a mirror on the door at 92cm. The low-level basin is 70cm high. In case of an emergency the room is equipped with an emergency pull cord to alert reception.
The West, Day Spa accessible changing room & washroom is unisex and is located on right side of the corridor, between the Roman Pool and the Colosseum Pool. This area consists of two rooms and access is via an automatic door- 90cm wide. The changing room has lockers along the left wall. A change cubicle located in back left corner- access door; 78cm wide, 115cm diagonal. One bench. One handrail left wall-78cm high. Back right wall has a vanity bench 112cm long, 85cmhigh, with mirror above. Access to washroom is via 80cm wide door, on both sides of the door is a handrail 90cm. This area is 218cm wide x 330cm long and comprises of; a low Sink- 70cm high and mirror to right of door, toilet back right. Multiple handrails both static and foldable, foldable bench to left of toilet-45cm high, shower back left with bench – 45cm high. All flooring is non-slip tiles and left of door is a dry area. In case of an emergency these rooms are equipped with an emergency call buttons and a pull cord to alert reception.
Situated from the lounge at Members’ Reception is an accessible toilet facility. Access to this facility is on one level and is through an 80cm wide door. The toilet seat height is 43cm high with a handrail at either side of 80cm; the wash hand basin is 80cm high with a mirror situated just above at 83cm high.
The Spa Restaurant and Nirvana Cafe
- The Spa Restaurant and Servery area is largely open plan and is on one level. All tables and chairs are movable so can be adjusted to your requirements. In the Nirvana Cafe the tables are 73cm high and the chairs 47cm. In the Spa Restaurant the tables have a central support column and are 75cm high and the chairs 43cm. The Spa Restaurant offers table service from 7.00am – 10.00pm (last food orders at 9.30pm) weekdays and from 8.00am to 9.30 at weekends (last food orders at 9.30pm) We are able to cater for vegans, vegetarians, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and sugar free diets. Please see menu for further details
- The Nirvana Cafe is situated next to Members’ Reception and is available for soft drinks and cakes. Please ask at reception on the day of your visit for more information about opening times.
- All staff are fully trained in customer service, if you require assistance at any stage during your visit please ask a member of staff
- The fire evacuation procedures are designed to accommodate customers with reduced mobility or hearing. Staff members are fully trained to evacuate customers when the alarm sounds. If you would need additional support during an evacuation please tell reception on arrival
- Service dogs (only) are allowed in most areas of the spa. We request that dogs do not enter any of the pools or other water facilities
You may bring a carer with you, at no additional cost, in order to facilitate your visit on an “access only” basis and where the carer makes no use of the facilities except to support you. Please call 0118 989 7500 to pre-book your carer’s visit if required.
Nirvana Spa, Mole Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 5DJ
Spa Reservations: 0118 989 7575
Membership Sales: 0118 989 7570
Other Enquiries: 0118 989 7560
Email: [email protected]
Local public transport numbers: First Buses: 0871 200 2233 (nearest stop Winnersh Crossroads 1 mile from the Spa)
National rail enquires: 08457 484950 (nearest stop Winnersh 1 mile from the Spa)
Local accessible taxi numbers:
Loddon Cars: 0118 932 1321 (pre booking required)
Twenty-four Seven: 0118 979 9247 (pre booking required)
We welcome your feedback. To help us continuously improve, if you have any comments please call 0118 989 7560 or email [email protected]