Fitness coach Lesley Shares Her Running Tips
Are you feeling ready to run faster and longer, but not quite sure whether you have it in you? Runners sometimes reach a stage where improvements plateau. Getting there quicker or stretching your best distance can seem just out of reach. We’re here to show you how moving the goal posts can help you reach new PBs.
Nirvana Spa is proud to be sponsoring the Samaritans Run on the 1st of July and we would like to encourage all members to join in. You can choose between a 5km and a 10km option. The Wellness Team will be running post run stretching activities. We’re also put together a list of other local running events:
- Dinton Pastures Summer Series 5km 11th May, 8th June, 13th July, 10th August
- Yateley 10km Series 7th June, 12th July, 2nd August
- Run for Champagne 5km or 10km 20th August
- Windsor Half Marathon 24th September
- Henley Half Marathon 8th October
Mixing it up
Try a variety of different types of running to improve quicker:
- Use interval training workouts in which you alternate periods of high-intensity exercise with low-intensity recovery periods to increase fitness. Sprint or run uphill for the high intensity bursts. Ask the gym team to show you how to run an interval training programme on the treadmills.
- Try adding in a 30 / 60 minute threshold run (run at a comfortably hard pace for the duration).
- Build up the miles with long steady runs.
- Our super-friendly instructors can help you find HIIT training routines, ideal for runners, which could work wonders for you.
There are a few ideas here but you should build up over time rather than introducing sudden changes to your regime.