Moqueca de camarão Brazilian and prawn curry
To celebrate the Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro, our Chef has recommended a delicious recipe.
- 450g large, raw, peeled prawns
- 75ml lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 spring onions
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 plum tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- steamed rice, to serve
- Place the prawns in a bowl with 2 tbsp of the lime juice, 1 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of the chopped garlic. Chill for 1 hr.
- Chop the spring onion and cut the white onion in half. Thinly slice the red pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add the spring onion and onion and fry for 5 mins, then add the red pepper, chili flakes, paprika and remaining garlic.
- Pour in the tomatoes, coconut milk and a little salt. Bring to a simmer and let reduce for 10 mins. Add the prawns, all the marinade and remaining lime juice. Gently simmer until the prawns turn white, about 3 mins.
- Serve with the fresh coriander and rice.